Thursday, February 12, 2009

just so you know the truth

We have some exciting news to share, but first off I just have to say that I find it hilarious that everyone assumes anything associated with "news" that a newly married couple might have automatically turns everyone into baby fanatics and assumes we MUST be pregnant.

I am NOT pregnant... in case you can't contain yourself from wondering any longer.

hey, don't get me wrong, I love babies. am not opposed to them, nor do I think those that DO get pregnant soon after marriage are crazy. I just like to think newlywed life can exist outside of trying to get pregnant since the consummation of our marriage! I know it's just a silly assumption people have.
it's yet another observation I've made about humans...

the disappointments of assumptions:

example #1:

"so are you dating anyone?"
"no"
(disappointment) "oh.... how come? that's a shame..."

(why is being single considered wrong.... like a disease?)


example #2:

"we just got married"

"oh really? when are you going to have kids?"

"uh... we'd like to be married for a while first before we start a family."

(disappointment) "oh..." (changes subject).

Haha! (but I know I probably do the same thing at times, so I am not excluded from this human behavior isssue) ;)



so please still stay with me and share in my joy even if the joy isn't packaged as a little bundle that cries and poops in a diaper. thanks! :)


Jonathan and I have made the decision for me to stop working outside the home (as of February 20th) so we can focus our attention on two major things:

1. Building my photography into a part-time business (I've already done two Seniors and I have a wedding next weekend)
2. Sharing the Vemma nutritional supplement with others enough to build that into a business as well.

We feel that NOW is the time... what better time will we have for me to work at home? We can afford to stay on one income for the time being (praise God... in this economy/culture I am SO thankful that we are able to do that!). And we don't have any debt (outside of school loans) or large financial burdens such as a mortgage, etc. And we don't have to worry being distracted or financially strained with kids yet either.

We also recognize that the leap of faith we take financially now could very well set us up for long-term residual income and a good groundwork for when those other things (kids, house, etc) come into play. And by then, we won't have to stress and strain to make ends meet and I can continue to stay at home to be what I believe God has ultimately called me to be: A good wife and mother!


So that's it! We'd appreciate prayers... and heck! if you're interested in anything involving nutrition or photography... I'm all yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I would like to tell you your blog page is pretty. Don't know how you did it, but very cool. Secondly, congrats on your new found adventure! Not many people have the chance to do what they really dream of..so what a blessing. I'm glad to hear your life is wonderful. Take care!

Alice said...

you mean you are not having kids within the first year. ummm...let's change the subject.

lol.

you must take my pictures and tell me all about vemma nutritional supplement.