Wednesday, July 30, 2008

the ride of my life...

I'm getting married in less than nine days.
I've had about three meltdowns.
but luckily I have a really great fiance who puts up with it :)
we switch roles daily, hourly, sometimes by the minute from friend to counselor to personal tissue and teddy bear to business partner and wedding planner extraordinaire, to companion and future spouse... I'm really looking forward to narrowing down the roles to WIFE.

It's been quite the week. And we're not even in Ohio yet. Oh boy, here we go!
It's like riding the Magnum at Cedar Point. yes, I know it is not the tallest fastest or newest rollercoaster there anymore, but you don't get the wonderful jerky clickety-clickety with the new rides. I think that takes away from the experience.

There's something about hearing the click (pause) click (pause) click (pause) that raises the anticipation, the nervousness, the anxiety, the rush and excitement. Because you know, as soon as the clicking stops, in a moment of a breath as you crest the hill and time seems to stand still as the quietness overtakes you, there's a sense of no turning back; and even though you're not quite sure you're ready for it, at the same time you are taking that leap of faith (not to mention you don't have a choice because you're braced in with the lap bar and seatbelt) and trusting that it will be good, it will be a thrill, and you will enjoy the ride.

I think I'm going to enjoy the ride.

I just never liked those click, click, clicks on the way up.

Put your hands up Yzma! (for you Groove fans)

Here we goooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

see you in a week. and by the way, all those roles will still be there in nine days, just with the addition of wife :) seriously though, it's worth it- very difficult at times- but worth the good and the bad :) hang in there- past the wedding day you can just focus on being together, and all these important but not eternal details will be behind you!

Anonymous said...

love the quote:) one of our favs. danny does a great impression. it truly is a great ride, being married. and i completely agree with what she said about taking on those roles. being wife just means you're with them constantly. also, totally worth the effort, the time, the everything. being married is truly a blessing. can't wait to see you guys soon!

Radar said...

Just reading this post is exhilirating.
You're right, the clicks on the way up aren't so fun for me too. afterward you don't have time for stress of what's happening, only the thrill of the totally new, unexpected and once-forbidden-now-mandated details.
I'm so glad you're going with me :)
I love you dear.

Lydia said...

i love this post.
and you.